Procedure on Sale of Home/Pool?

HouTex

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 7, 2011
Houston, Texas
This may been obvious to some, but I'm selling my home (with my in-ground pool) later this month and is there a standard process for turning over the pool to the new owners? I've saved all of the equipment manuals, plaster instructions from the mfg, and proof of purchase for the one item that is under warranty. I also will leave them with a print-out of a borates discussion from this forum.

Because I very likely will never own another pool (no room at the new patio home) I'll leave behind any left over chemicals, brushes, net and my DIY cooling fountains. Is there a suggested protocol to hand over an in-ground pool to a new owner? Of course, I know I'm not required to do anything, but that just doesn't seem like the right thing to do.

You are correct that there is not a requirement for you to do anything.
You could certainly offer to meet with them and give them a little tutorial on how everything works ... and of course point them to the forum at a minimum ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.