valve layout

cmc#5

Feb 21, 2015
Magnolia, TX
Pool design is coming to a close and we'll be starting construction soon! Below is my layout for plumbing and I'd really appreciate if you'd have a look and offer up your thoughts on what we're missing or just flat have wrong lol. I'm targetting the omnilogic base which can control 4 valves without expanding. I figure the remaining manual valves being manual are no worry since those shouldnt be adjusted very often.

Plumbing diagram small_Page_1.jpgPlumbing diagram small_Page_2.jpg

I assume the bubblers are in the pool, not the spa. If so, you want the valve that splits off to the bubblers on the pool side of the first return valve, not the spa side. You always want the first valve after the SWG to pick between pool and spa, and do any more specific splits after that. If the bubblers are in the spa, then ignore this comment.

Other than that, everything looks good.

Yes, the bubblers are on the sun pad, opposite side of the pool from the spa with a spillover. So, while the spa is in spa mode the bubblers will be off. Since both of these valves are automated I didnt think it'd make much of a difference but it sure sounds more logical to split pool/spa first then anything else. See revision below.

He Jason, by the way thanks bud...I think you've responded in every single one of my threads :)
Plumbing option.jpg

Is that typical for a heater bypass? I mean if you open the bypass valve won't water flow through both the heater and the bypass? Don't you need a way to stop flow through the heater.
Thanks

There are various reasons to plumb a bypass, most of them are not troubled by a little (or a lot) water going through the heater. It is only if you want to disconnect the heater for servicing that you would want to be sure it was completely shut off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.