Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

It is on sale right now at the Gainesville TX store. It seems weak to me though
I am in Oklahoma. Last year I found 128 oz of 12% liquid pool shock at Atwoods for 4/8.99. The bottles say "expires June, 2018". On these other posts some people say the chlorine is only good for 3 months if it is kept inside and away from heat.

1. Should I trust Atwood's expiration dates which was well over 1 year or go by the 3 month rule based on the bottle's production date?

2. Does kept inside mean in an air conditioned place? I doubt the bottles are kept in air conditioned trucks during delivery all over the U.S. where I live. The bottles say put in trunk of car. I guess it is because of fumes. If that is the case, isn't it dangerous to keep the bottles inside a home or business?

3. Which would be best? Keep bottles in an outside, metal storage shed with no air conditioning or insulation? Keep in an insulated garage with no air conditioning? Is it dangerous to keep in a garage with a gas hot water tank?

4. I bought a few bottles during the Atwood sale in April (Oklahoma), but most of the bottles had an expiration date of June 2018. I will need more bottles in July. Has anyone seen any on sale lately in Oklahoma?

thanks.

Atwood's liquid shock/chlorine always has an expiration date, but does not have a production date. (at least at my local store.)
Which would be best? Keep bottles in an outside, metal storage shed with no air conditioning or insulation? Keep in an insulated garage with no air conditioning? Is it dangerous to keep in a garage with a gas hot water tank?

Atwood's liquid shock/chlorine always has an expiration date, but does not have a production date. (at least at my local store.)
Which would be best? Keep bottles in an outside, metal storage shed with no air conditioning or insulation? Keep in an insulated garage with no air conditioning? Is it dangerous to keep in a garage with a gas hot water tank?

I store mine in cool dark basement. Light & heat are "enemies" to chlorine. (it breaks it down)

What about Muratic Acid?

I know you can't mix it with chlorine, but what about the fumes from the bottles? Do they need to be separated or can I put the acid in an outside storage building?

Are the fumes dangerous with a gas hot water tank?
thanks.

They keep it inside the building at Home Depot, but if given the option of an out building, I would store it in a the shed over next to a hot water heater.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sorry! I meant to ask about chlorine fumes in a garage with a gas hot water heater not the acid.

I keep my chlorine in the garage. Sheds tend to get too hot in the summer and might render the chlorine less effective. Chlorine is just extra-extra-strength bleach. Millions of people keep house hold bleach stored under the sink or by the washing machine. Chlorine itself is not flammable and is also sold indoors (contract to liquid propane where sellers prohibit the white tanks from entering the store front), but I may still keep it on the other side of the room, but that is just personal preference.

Re: Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine - Gilbert AZ

Costco here in NJ use to carry 8.25% Clorox bleach for around $9 for 3 gallons. I just went to purchase a bunch for this season and noticed they are only carrying 6% now. Bummer. Glad I checked.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support