Pool in online cart.... about to do it....

When you tape the pink foam down for the bottom, use three strips of tape on the seams. I used only one strip and the weight of the water has pushed the foam apart ever so slightly and I now have these straight grooves showing on the bottom of my pool. Not a life and death situation on the intex pools but, may be worse for the thinner liner in the steel walled pools.

Eek. Pricing out the Pink foam. Only HD seems to carry it. 1"x 8' x 4' for a 24 round pool (15 sheets at $19.25/sheet) is about $289 :thumbdown: I don't know...I still want to do it though. I very much enjoy perfection :D We didn't tamp down the sand for our Intex just leveled and went and after two years the footprints and divots drove me insane. Good for catching and vacumming dirt I suppose...

I see some people recommend duct tape (3 layers), others say gorilla tape (# of layers?) and some say a shiny metal type tape. Duct tape seems the most cost effective. Has anyone who did the 3 layers had it fail?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.