Miami, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
My existing 12v light has a water line about 1/3 of the way. After some reading, I learned that I can easily remove the light assembly and replace the gasket. I am willing to do it, but figured it's the time to replace my boring light from 2004 with a cool LED light.

1) Do I have to worry about compatibility with my existing brand of nich/housing?

2) Is there a brand that sticks out in quality? I see a lot of J&J lights mentioned, but I wonder if there are other brands.
Thanks

I got the 120V J&J, works well. I have not seen other brands with multi-color LED replacement bulbs.

Assuming the bulbs are similar sizes with the same connector, there should not be compatibility issues.

My existing 12v light has a water line about 1/3 of the way. After some reading, I learned that I can easily remove the light assembly and replace the gasket. I am willing to do it, but figured it's the time to replace my boring light from 2004 with a cool LED light.

1) Do I have to worry about compatibility with my existing brand of nich/housing?

2) Is there a brand that sticks out in quality? I see a lot of J&J lights mentioned, but I wonder if there are other brands.
Thanks

The J&J bulbs I think are only compatible with the Pentair Amerilite, Hayward Astrolite, and Jacuzzi Full Moon; so make sure yours is one of those. J&J would be my suggestion of manufacturer

I opted for the BulbWizards PoolBright 202 LED Color Changing Replacement Bulb (see my review here).

At the time it was about half the price of the competitor's bulb, so I figured it was worth a try. I haven't seen anyone else here with this bulb, but I love mine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.