Green algae appearing in corners of my pool

G'day Docker_Rob... :)

I'm Australian and I went through the **** to get a TF100 test kit here, and it was a pain in the butt, get the biggest Taylor kit you can buy, and get it here in Australia... The chemicals in the TF100 will stay fresh for 18 months, and they use a lot of Taylor reagents anyway, so just grab one on line here, you may have to do some searching....

CYA reagent I used heaps of that, and just the basic Taylor test kit refill, of ph tester and chlorine tester are the ones I used the most... :) The basic taylor test kit comes with the TF100 :)

G'day Docker_Rob... :)

I'm Australian and I went through the **** to get a TF100 test kit here, and it was a pain in the butt, get the biggest Taylor kit you can buy, and get it here in Australia... The chemicals in the TF100 will stay fresh for 18 months, and they use a lot of Taylor reagents anyway, so just grab one on line here, you may have to do some searching....

CYA reagent I used heaps of that, and just the basic Taylor test kit refill, of ph tester and chlorine tester are the ones I used the most... :) The basic taylor test kit comes with the TF100 :)

You seem to be forgetting that no one seems to be able to find the FAS-DPD chlorine test down there. If you can find the K-2006 locally, then by all means buy it down there. If not, you have to import whether it is the TF-100 or a K-2006.

The TF-100 uses ALL Taylor reagents. The tests in the kits are the same. tftestkits adds the 18 month guarantee ... no one else does that.

Hi Docker_rob

It may be worth checking that your return eyeballs are not pointing up to the surface and are pointing downwards to promote effective circulation - you may have a dead spot.
Taylor reagents and kits are distributed by PoolPro - if you go to their website they have a dealer locator.
I think I do have some dead spots of sorts. The algae in the corners was back again today. Checked the chlorine and its around 5ppm fc. It's just the corners of the pool it appears in and I would say water circulation in those areas is near on zero, unless the pool is in use and water is splashing all over the place it would be pretty stagnant. I don't have an auto pool cleaner either so nothing to move into those areas other than swimmers. I stir it up and it dissipates and isn't seen for another week or so.

It's a bit annoying, one thing I am thinking is it may also coincide with the use of the pool cover and less bathing load in some way? Possibly reducing circulation even more when that cover is on? I don't know, just driving me a bit crazy.

The pool is still crystal clear and looks healthy and although I Don't have a Taylor kit my water chem reports from the shop all come up within spec.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.