Ecostar RPM for good cleaning action?

ssml11

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2014
Miami/Florida
It's been officially 30 days since my new pool was filled and I can now add a cleaner into the pool. I have been running my Ecostar pump for 16 hrs a day at 1300 rpm. I have found that to be a good sweet spot for my 10k gallon pool. However, I noticed that the "pressure" of water ejecting from jets isn't too strong at that speed, and I guess the suction isn't either.

So, those of you with an Ecostar pump, what are your rpm settings for getting good action from a cleaner? What is the RPM you use and for how long do you let it run for cleaning? Also, I suppose that even when pool is running at low RPM for circulation, the cleaner stays plugged in although it will not work to well, correct?

Bonus question: recommend a cleaner for under $600. Suction only, no dedicated pump and no robots please.

Thanks a million!

If you want a suction cleaner, then The Pool Cleaner is the top choice IMO. It also can run on pretty low flow rates. So you just have to hook up your cleaner and see what RPM gives you the flow you need (following the cleaners instructions). Every pool is different, so we can not say run at X speed.

No, the cleaner will not run when the pump is on a very low speed.

The only way to find the correct speed for using the cleaner is to try various speeds until you find one where the cleaner is running well.

Most people in a similar situation run the cleaner for an hour or two a day, and at a much lower speed for the rest of your pump runtime.

By the by, 16 hours a day is way way way too much pump run time. Something more like four to six hours a day should be plenty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.