Century STS1152R wiring question

RogerS

Jan 17, 2015
Orlando, FL
Hey all, I'm replacing my pool pump motor -- installing a Century STS1152R in place of the original AO Smith Century 1081. I was told the 1152R was the replacement model. On the original 1081, there were four wires: Green (ground), Red (which went to "Line 1"), Blue (which went to "Line 2") and Black (which went to "Line 3"). The new motor has spots called L1-High, L2-Line and A-Low and ground. Any idea how those correlate to the old ones? Is black the right one to connect to L2?

Welcome to TFP!

That is not quite enough information to figure it out from. There should be a wiring plaque on the old motor which will tell you how L1, L2, and L3, correspond to Common, High, and Low.

Hey all, I'm replacing my pool pump motor -- installing a Century STS1152R in place of the original AO Smith Century 1081. I was told the 1152R was the replacement model. On the original 1081, there were four wires: Green (ground), Red (which went to "Line 1"), Blue (which went to "Line 2") and Black (which went to "Line 3"). The new motor has spots called L1-High, L2-Line and A-Low and ground. Any idea how those correlate to the old ones? Is black the right one to connect to L2?

Are you lookiing at the wiring diagram on the side of the motor? if so you may be getting confused by the internal motor wiring and what actually needs to be done to wire the motor. The STS1152R is a simple 230 motor hook up with two hot wires (usually black), one going to each of the terminals and then a ground (green) going to the green screw.

The wiring colors you are speaking about are the internal wires already connected by the manufacture. There is no need for a homeowner to fiddle with those when completing a standard motor replacement

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.