Pentair Intellitouch 7

stever

LifeTime Supporter
Hi,

We have recently completed our build and I'm getting used to programming the I7. Yes, I know I typically overcomplicate things, but that's me -- and there's no changin' me.

Yes I have a load of automatic valves, but this is not causing my problems -- as I can just ignore them for the meantime and pretend they are manual valves. I have tried to program the pool for maximum efficiency with a 12 hour single turn-over of the 23,000 gallon pool (about 32 gpm). I will probably eventually go 14 hours.

I have the spa run at 20 gpm in the morning to circulate the water (freshen the pipes) and get some chlorine in the spa. The spa spillover it turned off for most of the day.

The cleaner has a few hours on a day also. Has to be early morning before the solar turns on, as if the solar kicks the gps up to 45, the cleaner will climb right out of the water and the VF will not re-prime with the cleaner only turned on.

But I digress... my problems:

1) The pool programs have been turning off sometime during the day. I come home to the whole thing off. No warnings, just off as if the program ended. The time is right, the program is right. I thought maybe the feature (others have said was eliminated) about feature circuits adding up to 1 turn will shut off early, but I don't have much above the normal 32 gpm -- nothing that would make it hit 23,000 gal so soon. Ideas? I have the 'most recent' software on the I7 according to the pool company.

2) I have programmed the IC4 spa-side remote for a 'highjets' macro that turns on the bypass (around the filter) and raises the gpm to 90. When I go back to the IC4 screen, it says 'NONE' for that button. Oddly it works as it should.... just does not display. FWIW the valves are all wires as features, not on the high voltage relays.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Steve

stever said:
Hi,

I have tried to program the pool for maximum efficiency with a 12 hour single turn-over of the 23,000 gallon pool (about 32 gpm). I have the spa run at 20 gpm in the morning to circulate the water (freshen the pipes) and get some chlorine in the spa. The spa spillover it turned off for most of the day.

The cleaner has a few hours on a day also. Has to be early morning before the solar turns on, as if the solar kicks the gps up to 45,

But I digress... my problems:

1) The pool programs have been turning off sometime during the day. I come home to the whole thing off. No warnings, just off as if the program ended. The time is right, the program is right. I thought maybe the feature (others have said was eliminated) about feature circuits adding up to 1 turn will shut off early, but I don't have much above the normal 32 gpm -- nothing that would make it hit 23,000 gal so soon. Ideas? I have the 'most recent' software on the I7 according to the pool company.

First, question #2 I have no idea about it, so I can't talk about it.

Question #1. I'm just thinking. I'm not good in math.

You are running 32 gpm for a 1 turnover rate in 12 hours of 23,000 gals.
If the solar heat kicks on, the flow goes to 45gpm
If the solar heat runs for 4 hours at 45gpm then the whole filer cycle goes to 10 hr 21 min.
If the solar heat runs for 6 hours at 45gpm then the whole filter cycle goes to 9 hours 31 min.

Features 1 and 2 won't do that. Featues 3 to 9 will on my pump which was bought in Feb. this year.

I think that you programed your filter cycle #1 with the start and stop times to run 12 hours at one turn over per day for a pool that has 23,000 gals. Somehow I think your controller is seeing the need for increase gals-per-min for solar heat and is telling filter cycle #3 to increase pump output to 45gpm which would subtract time from your 12 hour cycle in filter cycle #1

I thought maybe the feature (others have said was eliminated) about feature circuits adding up to 1 turn will shut off early,

I don't think that others are right. Maybe on new models Pentair did. You would have to call or email Pentair with your model # and serial # to find out. Like I said, my pump was bought in Feb. this year and features one and two won't subtract time but features 3 thru 9 will.

When your solar heat kicks on and the pump increases to 45gpm, does any screen (pump or controller) say what mode you are in?

I think it is running right to give you one turn over a day. The only way to know is to deprogram the solar heat and see if the pump run for 12 hours. Then reprogram and baby-sit the pump to count the hours of 34 gpm and 45 gpm; which I think would be a waste of time.

The person that might know is repair guy. I'm not sure he is on the forum anymore.

Here is his web site. It is his business in CA.

http://mypoolrepair.com/

Here is his profile, you could pm him.

repair-guy-u2428.html

Anyhow, good luck.

Hotrod30 said:
I think that you programed your filter cycle #1 with the start and stop times to run 12 hours at one turn over per day for a pool that has 23,000 gals. Somehow I think your controller is seeing the need for increase gals-per-min for solar heat and is telling filter cycle #3 to increase pump output to 45gpm which would subtract time from your 12 hour cycle in filter cycle #1

I would agree, but the solar has not been on lately (as I have been too lazy to cover it at night and it 'gives it all back' overnight). I have a skimmer 'feature macro' that increases to 50 gpm for an hour and the afternoon spillway at 35 -- nothing too high or long....

I thought maybe the feature (others have said was eliminated) about feature circuits adding up to 1 turn will shut off early,

I don't think that others are right. Maybe on new models Pentair did. You would have to call or email Pentair with your model # and serial # to find out. Like I said, my pump was bought in Feb. this year and features one and two won't subtract time but features 3 thru 9 will.

Thanks, I'll have to check on the 1&2 vs 3-9 features and make sure I have those right. I have the 1.10 firmware -- the latest is 1.11, but probably not a major change.

Another weird thing is that in my skimmer macro -- just normal pool operation with a higher flow to clean off the top of the pool into the skimmer -- the temperature is not reported. The water is moving, but no display for temperature -- odd.... Ideas?

Thanks,
Steve

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.