Aqualink Cleaner JVA

VanceH

Dec 12, 2014
Mesa/AZ
Hello,

Recently I upgraded my 2004 dated Aqualink RS8 to the latest IQ20/RS8 Combo controller, firmware T.1. This was mainly done to support variable speed settings for my new Pentair Intelliflo VS pump.

My question is I have installed a 3rd JVA and I want to control it using the Cleaner connector, next to the Solar. The installation manual has zero information how to use this configuration. The reason I want to use a 3rd JVA is so I when the intake JVA is rotated to draw water from the pool, down stream towards the pool there is another JVA that will draw from either the Pool Vacuum or from the Skimmer.

I have turned on Dip Switch position 1 (Cleaner Enable) and position 3 (Spillover).

Here is an example of the type of schedule I want to run.

SPA 11AM to 12AM (Filter the spa only at 2000 RPM)
Pool Vac 12AM to 3AM (Dedicated pool vac at 1500 RPM)
Skimmer 3AM to 6AM (Draw from the skimmer only at 2750 RPM)

Thank you,

Vance

So is your spa separate from the pool and there is no spill over into the pool from it?

The system doesn't really know what you have the valves connected to. You just have to remember that you are using the vac port for some other item and set the program up accordingly. You could have a waterfall as an example where you only want it to run certain times of day. Set the pool vac port up for that time to come on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.