My first ever Pool Story Begins - Intex 32 Feet AGP

@ TsiGirl, Thanks for your confidence, I am not sure If I can live up to it. I could not make it completly dismantle and assemble type as I originally planned, however shutters are removable just pull and push and deck top is screw type and still removable and the legs are non removable (To make sure that the deck is non shaky).

@casey

Thanks for expressing your anger but here in India if you are angry with a government official for a good reason then you should smile even wider otherwise they will start exercising their power. If you try to punish them they will come back and hit you harder.

@Kim

Hi Kim it did not arrive in one piece but it is good to go, was just scared that the liner got scratched during the transport but still intact.

Installation of the pool done, since it was removable shutter I had no issues and it took 3 hours with some people help.
IMG_20150228_105849.jpg

Started filling water
IMG_20150228_150632.jpg

Oops! it collapsed due to water stretching at the bottom, I did not expect this, then i tied the the vertical frames to the pillars.
IMG_20150228_171010.jpg

Almost filled, photo taken at night it took more 8 hours to fill this much.
IMG_20150228_230135.jpg

Hi Kim, TSiGirl and F3justusc, thanks for appreciating me whether I deserve it or not it feels very good, its your kind keeps this forum reaching new heights.

I filled the pool completely and added about 100 grams of TCCA chlorine to my pool and still the last inches of water being filled which was creating some water movement, I thought the chlorine will dissolve but it didn't. I lost some patches of the vinyl liner pattern it turned white and that is not all for the immature pool builder. My pool water turned green with in two hours after adding the chlorine. And got some wrinkles at the bottom of the pool too, it happened only after half the pool is filled with water and before no one entered in it. Please see the picture below and advise what should I do.

IMG_20150301_094848.jpg

Wait for the chlorine to get reduced and run the filter pump alone for extended hours get back to the normal colour as it is suggested else where.

Using chemicals to neutralize the metal content in the water. (Not sure if it is copper or iron causing the problem)

Or drain the pool and use the swg with the available Iodised salt instead of pool salt (non iodised). Not sure if swg can take care of the metal problem. And I can get less sodium salt available any reason to prefer that??? I assume that swg breaking the cl from NaCl and leaving the Na in the water. So get the salt with less Na? I appreciate any help.

One hour later the pool looked like this.

IMG_20150301_110322.jpg

You're going to need to use a sequestering agent to remove the green tint from the water. Using the SWG will still turn it because it's producing chlorine. Don't drain it. Keep using the sequesterant and running the filter.

The pool looks great!

That green tint is the chlorine reacting to metals in your water.

Listen to Casey. She is on the right track.

This is something you will have to work on. Is there any way you can find another source for water that does not have metals in it?

This is really outside my comfort zone to help. sorry

Have you started your pump and filter yet? How are they working?

Kim

You'll have to,use the sequesterant on a monthly basis or as your pool dictates.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Casey, I bought some chemicals 5 litters of liquid chlorine, Alum 10 Kg, 30 Litters of muriatic acid and potassium permanganate 200 grams.

My test results as follows,

FC - 0.5
PH - 6.8
TA - 40
Copper - 0.1

I bought liquid chlorine to shock the pool as the chlorine level is low, and I can feel the algae in the vinyl liner. Pool is under the hot sun for couple of days with low chlorine.

Local pool supplier said I have to use alum to clear the green colour, and the chemist said I can use potassium permanganate to remove the metal (I am not sure of these and looking for help here)

Tomorrow I am planning to buy CYA and try if I can buy phosphonic acid, even if i buy I am not sure how much I will need for 55,000 litters pool. May be I can take a sample of 20 litters of pool water and test with phosphonic acid but not sure about the method.

Note: The pool became clear yesterday as the chlorine evaporated, and added 1.5 litter of liquid chlorine and it turned again green but this time it is not as bad as the last time.

I have also ordered the not iodine salt which will come in two days, after that I am planning to start the swg for chlorine production.

Hi laceygirl, Water is getting clear on its own as the FC goes down to 0.5

IMG_20150304_104116.jpg

As the chlorine got so low I shocked the 55000 litter pool with 5 liters of liquid chlorine, and ran the pump for 12 hours and now I see it does not kill the water bugs and mosquito larva too. then I added 1Kg of TCCA yet to dissolve completely. My test strips show only 1.5 FC even after 5 liters of liquid chlorine. But other liquid based testing shows Purple colour which is above 8 PPM. According my limited experience and considering the chlorine smell in the pool water makes me think it is only 1.5 FC and thats why I see water bugs in the pool.

But now I got more serious problem, water bugs and mosquito larva are seen in the pool and dancing actively.

IMG_20150307_233249.jpg

Hi Casey, I tested the alum and potassium permanganate with 30 litters of pool water sample and the results are 1. Alum makes the water cloudy and does nothing with the color it remains unchanged and potassium permanganate made the color either to clear or made it grayish and tried a few times with different measurement I either got pink water or different color but it also gave me some confidence that it will remove the color if I find the right amount of potassium permanganate to be mixed with water. I also read this about potassium permanganate "Converts Dissolved Iron & Manganese to Insoluble Oxide.".

Borrates do a great job of keeping bugs away from the pool altogether

I used to get lots of dead flying bugs each evening and it was a daily chore to fish them all out (I don't have a skimmer) but after adding 50ppm Borax there were no bugs at all, don't know how this works but it does!

Hi Kim, according to pool math 200 grams of trcholor granules should make my FC level from 1 to 4 but my intex test strip still shows 1.5 and pool water smells and feels like 1.5 only. I would like to know why my chlorine is not increasing and killing the insects. I also added 5 litters of liquid chlorine the day before.

If your CYA is very low, the sun is burning the chlorine off very quickly! That is why you are not getting a high reading, besides using strips which are iffy to begin with. Think of CYS as sunscreen for chlorine. It protects it from the Sun. You need to find it in solid form if you can.

- - - Updated - - -

Please read over ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

If your CYA is very low, the sun is burning the chlorine off very quickly! That is why you are not getting a high reading, besides using strips which are iffy to begin with. Think of CYS as sunscreen for chlorine. It protects it from the Sun. You need to find it in solid form if you can.

- - - Updated - - -

Please read over ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

THIS ^^^^^^^

Right now any chlorine you put in is being used doing it's job of cleaning the pool and burned off by the sun.

I have to add 5 cups of 11% chlorine a night. I add it at night so that it can "work" without worrying about the sun burning it off. I add it an hour before I turn my pump off for the night.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.