Post Halloween Weirdness

gtemkin

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2008
Seattle, WA
:stirpot:I have an auto cover on my rectangular pool. I use a Little Giant cover pump positioned towards the shallow end of the pool (because that's where my closest power outlet is) and I run a hose to the other end of the pool where I leave the cover open an inch for the hose to drop down a foot into the pool.

I've used this same setup for 2 years without any problems, other than a float repair. Yesterday morning I looked out to the pool and noticed the pump was moved off position and the hose was pulled back to near the pump. Never seen that before. The pool is surrounded by a high fence with lots of delicate bamboo details that would certainly break if someone tried to climb over it. The gate is locked. I looked for evidence of an animal doing this but there were no footprints or tears on the cover. I thought it might be something like the pool cleaner coming on but I took all the timer triggers off the pump timer last week so there's nothing to trigger the pump on and as far as I can tell it hasn't run since I did this. I checked with some earthquake reporting sites and there's nothing that corresponds there.

This morning, for the second day in a row it happened again and this time the Little Giant had moved to be completely against the back wall of the pool and the hose had moved with it. The hose is about 25 foot long and kinda heavy.

Any ideas? Fresh water sharks? Bored squirrels? Ghosts of pool cover pumps past? :stirpot:

After a break of one day, it happened again last night. Here's photo's of before and after. It seems really odd that the power cord moved up onto the ledge further forward. Again no signs of any animals.

IMG_1261.jpgIMG_1262.jpg
ZoomButt.gif

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.