Reasonable cost for a 15x30 solid pool cover?

May 1, 2012
Hello all,

I'm looking into a solid pool cover for an approximately 15'x30' in-ground pool. I've received quotes starting at ~$1950 (not including installation) for a Lantham Coverstar Lite Solid (http://lathampool.com/products/covers-solid.html). Install and closing is another $500.

I've seen a Loop-Loc Ultra-Loc II 16x32 on Amazon for ~$1300. Granted that doesn't come with an installer, but just for the cost of the cover itself, I'm wondering if the Lantham cover is really 50% 'better'?

BTW, I'm in the North Atlanta area and got quotes from 3 different installers, all of whom carry the Lantham brand - that seems strange to me, when there are so many other pool cover brands out there.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Is your pool a rectangle, or is it a free form shape? Make sure the cover fits the shape of your pool. Get a sample of the cover you are interested in and compare it to all of the others. I have seen some of the covers provided by the internet discount sites, and they are not much better than trash bags with straps on them. No matter where you get it, just be sure to put your hands on a sample before making a commitment. It is definitely a situation where you get what you pay for, so make sure you are comparing apples to apples.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.