pool closed without algeacide is it too late to add?

Are all your lines blown out ? If they are you can add it around the perimeter of the pool and use a pole brush to mix it in well.
If you could add your location to your sig that would help us better help you. ?

Probably fine to add after the fact. You could use a bucket and dilute it in portions first, then add to pool with stirring. I suspect the algae doesn't grow at all during the winter in Canada, so the algaecide isn't really a factor until the spring when temps rise enough that the algae starts to grow back. In fact, I've often wondered if the algaecide hasn't broken down by the point when it's really needed in the spring. PS, always go with polyquat 60 algaecide and not the cheap stuff that is largely ineffective and foams. I've bought my polyquat 60 on Amazon for a number of years, which has the best prices.

This could be a good year to experiment to see if you really need the algaecide. I personally haven't used it in years and haven't had any problem. In fact there is still FC when I open most years. As long as your water temperature is below 60 there should be no algae growth to be concerned with.

From myHTC One via Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.