Possible to Repair Pool Lights?

crosley

Mar 27, 2014
Arizona
I have a Pentair Amerlite 120v pool light.

The light assembly has taken in a small amount of water. I opened up the seal, let it dry, and replaced with a new bulb, but it's no longer working.

What exactly is "broken"? I would think it's basically just wires and a bulb, once it's dried out, shouldn't it continue to work? Is there an internal fusible link?

Is there an economical way to fix it? I'm getting sticker shock for the price of a new model.

Thanks for the help,

That is an IG light. I would venture to guess the water in there tripped the gfci, which is what it should do, so that is good news. Probably the breaker that needs to be reset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm helping out my father with his pool at his house, he has a total of 3 Pentair lights, one in the spa and two in the pool. One of the pool lights is burned out and two of them are working fine. , The pool guy is quoting him around $2,500 to replace all three. It's an over the top quote imo.

All of them have a small bit of water inside of them, but only this one is not working. I'll have to see how it's wired, but is typical to have separate GFCI for each light? Or are they usually tied all together? I would have thought if the GFCI was thrown none of them would work.

I was hoping I could just repair one of them and let it be for a while. Is there an internal transformer that can be replaced?

Thanks again

There should be a parts diagram on their website. It'll be helpful to study that as those lights sorta' surprised me when I saw the first one. Water behind the lens is not necessarily the culprit. they can fill almost halfway and the water not touch the electrical socket for the light. Anyway, take a look at the diagram and see how they go together and I think it should be fairly simple to fix.

When I replaced my bulbs, they came with a new rubber seal which should always be used.....again, that seal may or may not be your issue. I'd pull the light onto the deck and make sure I was getting power to the socket to eliminate everything except the fixture as the culprit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.