Salt level reading all over

The salt level reading on the Prologic display is higher than what I am getting on the test strips. In one day I had a reading of 3700 at the start and 3500 by the end of the day. I have taken out the cell and cleaned it, readings still off. I have also noticed that without adding salt to the pool the reading will also increase. Any ideas if it just needs to be reset (not sure how I do that) or I need a new cell?

Welcome to TFP!

Fluctuations in readings are pretty normal. I do not see a problem. What did the independent test say? If the cell was going bad, it starts to read too low.

Most salt cells also show a thermal drift as well. Warm water is more conductive than cold water and typical salt cells can have temperature drifts as much as 30-50ppm/deg F. Some cell manufacturers compensate for temperature in the output display, others do not.

As as long as you cell is generating chlorine and not showing any error messages, the salt level is fine.

Our reading from the cell was 3600, the independent test said it was 2600. I was going to add salt but that would have caused a salt level too high reading and shut our pool down, so I didn't add the salt. I had to adjust my ph at this time because we are always high and need to add acid every 2-3 day. I waited 2 days rechecked the salt, our cell said 3600 and so did the independent test. We do run our pump at different speeds during the day and I wasn't sure if this could cause the difference in readings?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.