Ready to convert....will need guidance--completed pix

Re: Ready to convert....will need guidance--added pix

Your PH is fine, 7.2 to 7.4 is the recommended PH for a baquacil conversion.

If you did adjust the PH, you have to give it a couple of minutes before adding bleach again. However, after adjusting PH, it is often nice to test the PH to see how close to your target you got. In that case wait an hour after adjusting the PH before testing the PH again and then add bleach.

We adjusted PH to lower to about 7.2--tested again an hour+ later.
Added more bleach to bring up to 15ppm at 9:20 PM.

Tested again at 11:50 PM last night:
FC=15

Tested this AM at 6:50 AM:
FC=10.5

Added bleach to bring back up to 15 ppm.

QUESTIONS:
Should I not put bleach in during the day since the sun seems to consume so much?
Should I be concerned that the clarity of my water hasn't improved much in the last couple days? A sparkling blue, but you can't see all the way to the bottom yet.

I would switch to bleach in the evening only. As the FC level starts to hold you are losing more of your FC to sunlight.

Give it another couple of days before you worry about water clarity.

The water is still not clear, but it's very SLOWLY clearing up, a bit more every day. Now, I can faintly see the end of the brush when I put it in the pool. Still waiting to be able to see the bottom clearly.

I've only been adding chlorine after the sun is off the pool in the evenings around 6:30, testing before bed and topping off (not usually needed), and testing again in the morning. Our best chlorine loss so far was 1.5 ppm. Still not holding to the 1ppm or less overnight, but getting close.

Should I change out the sand in the filter yet?

Should we start adding CYA?

We're 9 days into the conversion, and well over 50 gallons into it. My kids are anxious to swim!

You are getting very close! Keep at it for another day or two and you should be there.

Wait for the overnight chlorine loss to be less than 1 ppm. Then change the sand and then add CYA. An hour or two after you add CYA you can swim.

Look at my sparkly pool. Back in June, not long after opening it, it didn't look this good. I don't think it has in 3 years or more! I forgot how clear and sparkling looked in my pool.

See the pool THEN and NOW! The one cropped picture is from Memorial Day weekend....the other 2 are pics taken today since I've been meaning to post the final pictures.

Thanks for all the help on conversion!

Attachments

• pool close up May 08.jpg
    pool close up May 08.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 124
  • clear pool 001.jpg
    clear pool 001.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 124
  • clear pool 002.jpg
    clear pool 002.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 124
Now all you have to do is update your signature! :mrgreen:

Congratulations! Your water is bbbeautiful! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.