Spa Coping - Rolled Edge vs Standard Coping?

Twolabs

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 13, 2014
NE Texas
We're digging on Tuesday and one thing that we've been going back and forth on is how we want to have the edges of the spa. Currently, the plan is to have them just like the pool with Oklahoma Flagstone with hand chipped edging. This obviously won't be that comfortable to lean back on, so most likely we'll just be sitting and not leaning back. The rolled edge with the 1x1s look intriguing and much more comfortable.

Anyone with some experience? Did you do one or the other and have any input?

We have the same concern. We're gonna do a rolled armrest under the beam inside the spa. It's a ledge that comes out from the side of the spa about 4" and provides a backrest and armrest so you don't have to lean against the stone. It does take away some space in the spa but my buddy has it and says it's the best thing since sliced bread. Your builder should know how to do this. It was no up-charge for us. Good luck!

I love the look of the rolled edge. I would have went that way if I had of found this site prior to starting my build. If done correctly the standard coping won't be an issue though. The idea of the spa is that you sit in very deep, so the coping doesn't really affect you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.