Question about solar cover

Sep 8, 2014
usa
Split by moderator from HERE. Please create a new thread to ask your own questions and not pull up a 2 year old thread. Thanks, jblizzle

My main issue is prolonging my swimming season as long as I can. I was going to buy a solar cover and build a reel and all that, but then thought a solar panel would be just as cheap. Is there an advantage to one over the other in terms of heating? Pump run time is a non issue. Thanks.

Jonathan

Hello friend bit old thread but can you provide some information about the solar blanket? I do need one for my pool so hope you will help me out..

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

The most common solar covers are the bubble-type covers and they vary in color from pale blue (almost clear) to darker blue. The more clear lets more light through for more heating during the day but also more chlorine usage from breakdown from sunlight (unless the cover blocks UV -- most don't). Some covers are thicker, but the standard covers usually last 2 years and the thicker ones 3 years so none last very long (usually).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.