I recently purchased a pool and had it set up.
I've let the filter run for 2 days straight since having it filled and last nite I went and got chemicals for my pooling including:
2 Gallons Bleach 6%
2 boxes 20 mule team
Case of chemicals to shock the pool
I came home and shocked the pool and added a gallon of bleach.
Then I read on here that 1/2 a gallon would have been plenty for my pool as it only holds 4500 gallons and I read that a gallon of 6% will treat 10,000 gallons.
I took the tests today and the Ph was fine at about 7.3 and the other one for the Cl and Br was turned an orangish color instead of any shade of yellow. The water seems fine, but is it safe to swim in, and how would I lower the total Cl levelback down?