Pump Run Time

Many thanks to the folks here at TFP. I have successfully rewired my Hayward P4 to allow me to manage my Filter time, Heater and lights (thanks Jblizzle).

Yesterday my readings at 6 pm were: The pool was off for most of the day while I rewired and then I programmed the filter to run that evening (7p to 7a, @ 15% SWG) Pool temp is low 70's F.

FC 6.0
CC 0.0
pH 7.8
TA 70.0
CH 260.0
CYA 80.0
Salt 3800.0
Borate 20.0

This morning my readings are:
FC 7.5
CC 0.0
pH 7.8
TA 70.0
CH 260.0
CYA 80.0
Salt 3800.0
Borate 20.0

I'll check at the end of the day to see what my FC loss has been. I'm thinking I may need to bump my SWG to 20% and cut the pool run time down from 12 hours to 10 and then a bit more.

The reason I run at night is that we are billed based upon peak usage. (see chart).

Screen Shot 2014-08-30 at 11.44.11 AM.jpg

Instead of running 24/7 my goal is to at least try for half the time and maybe get to 8 hours.

As the weather gets cooler I guess my FC loss will be less - is 1.5 PPM over the day seem reasonable?

Thanks

h

Yes your FC loss over the the day is normal. In fact that's great.
The ideal place to be with the SWG is getting the pump runtime and SWG percentage dialed in where your maintaing your FC in range and keeping your pump runtime down. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.