well here we go.....

Why are we having outbreaks to begin with ? Keep your FC in range for your CYA level and the outbreaks will not happen.
When the SLAM is over get your CYA level up to 40 and target your FC level at 7 and don't let it fall below 3. ?

Definitely have something consuming it. Get it back up to shock level and maintain it as best you can. The longer is stays at shock level the quicker you can put an end to this. Stock up on bleach.
Do you have steps in the pool or anything that could have algae hiding ? ?

I do have a ladder in the pool. And I have a floating device in the pool but I have not removed. I can't really say that I see any difference in the pool today versus yesterday. I need to get in the pool and scrub it but I have been unable to do so because I am sick. I am afraid it will make me sicker. Plus the shock level... Some say it's dangerous to get in there when the level was that high some people say it's not. Not sure what to think about that. But I am at least off work for a couple of days so that will allow me to keep a closer watch on the pool. Since this outbreak happened that has been difficult for me to maintain because I have been dealing with taking care of my father who has stage four cancer on top of trying to juggle my work schedule in order to allow me to take him to and from doctors appointment in treatment etc. It just leaves me away from the pool for too many hours a day. But at least for the next two days I will be here.

Sorry to hear about your father. Prayers for him !
There's no danger in getting in the pool with FC levels up to shock level. A good brushing will help a lot if you can do it. Check the ladder and floating device also.
I can understand how life can get in the way of things. Your doing the best you can. You'll get it. ?

Sorry to hear about your father. Prayers for him !
There's no danger in getting in the pool with FC levels up to shock level. A good brushing will help a lot if you can do it. Check the ladder and floating device also.
I can understand how life can get in the way of things. Your doing the best you can. You'll get it. ��

Thanks!

Is it normal for you to not be able to feel slime on the walls or the floor of the pool when you're having an outbreak? That has been the one thing that has perplexed me through this whole process. Since I have had the pool I have had days where I would start to feel a slimy film on the wall or floor of the pool and so I would scrub it and add more bleach and it would go away. This time the pool turn completely dark green yet I feel and have felt nothing slimy on the walls. the walls feel fine and the bottom of the pool feels fine but the pool still looked yucky green.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Okay so I got in the pool and gave it a good scrubbing down. there were tons of debris in the bottom of the pool i.e. leaves, stems, twigs, small broken branches. obviously I could not see these because my water was not clear enough. I'm not sure if they could have been contributing to the difficulties but I am sure they were not helping matters.

According to Pool Math my total alkalinity was too low so I added baking soda (about half the recommended) to bring it up. I have not tested since Adding.

It has been a couple hours now and I have been able to maintain free chlorine at 15. But it is just now getting to the time of day were at and the sun is in full effect.

So I have the rest of today and all day tomorrow but I can keep close watch on the pool but then I will have a couple of days that I will not be around the pool and will not be available to add bleach. So I am contemplating my options. I do have a floater that I bought from Leslie Pool supply that will hold four or five chlorine tablet. I know that those will also add CYA but lucky for me I'm actually low on CYA at the moment anyway so that would not be a bad thing. I am looking for suggestions on how to handle this the most effective way possible. My thoughts are to overshoot The bleach and throwing the floater with about four pucks. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Sorry to have to tell you this with you not feeling well and all, but all the leaves, stems, twigs other debris are what is eating up your chlorine. Try and get it as clean as possible.

Your bleach is trying to consume the other organics and there is only a lowered level to fight algae. Your SLAM will go sooo much faster by getting the other things out..

I am also sorry to hear about your father.
Prayer for strength is always a good thing.

Just to cover all bases I'd check inside the skimmer and pull that ladder and see if you have anything green growing in, under or behind anything.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.