What to do with old bleach bottles

For those who close each winter, fill the 1/2 full of water and use them to hold down the cover. We do this each year then recycle them in the spring.

I rinse them, fill 3/4 full of water and keep them in the chest freezer to make it run just a little less. With no kids remaining at home, it just isn't as full as it formerly was!

[QUO TE=sbn56;723397]I rinse them, fill 3/4 full of water and keep them in the chest freezer to make it run just a little less. With no kids remaining at home, it just isn't as full as it formerly was![/QUOTE]

Genius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Draining them thoroughly without rinsing, then filling with tap water and closing them up again is actually a great way to store an emergency supply of water in the basement. There's just enough chlorine in the jugs to keep the water sanitary for a long period stored in a cool location. That and when you have your next party, you can break one out and take bets on whether or not you can chug a bottle of "bleach." Just be sure to mark them conspicuously as water, unless it's the jug you're going to use for the bets!

This sounds totally nuts but my dad used old plastic bottles with bottoms and tops cut off as planters in his garden. He would start his tomato and other veggie plants in them, then bury the whole thing in the garden soil. The big bottles, like bleach, were very good at protecting the roots of the plants from moles and other burrowing animals.

Crazy, but it worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.