Pentair Metal Halide Problem

Aug 25, 2014
Olathe, KS
Hello new to the forum but I've been lurking a reading a bit.

Just bought a house with a pool. I'd used the pool calculator to get the pool chemistry up to par and everything with the pool itself seem to be fine except the light. When we bought the house I assumed the bulb was burnt out and the previous owners agreed to replace it. I've had their pool company out several times to try to replace the bulb and they keep telling me the bulbs they are receiving are bad. I went online and bought a bulb that I thought was a equivalent but it didn't work either. Does anyone know how to tell if bulb is actually bad or if there is something less keeping it from working? The bulb is a Pentair 150W Light Bulb For PG2000 FiberWorks - part number 840211. The light the pool company was bringing out was the OEM bulb and I bought a Halco 150W CDM T6 942 Clear G12 UN2911 C/M102/EC/M142/E CDM150/T6/942 150w HID. The lighting company assured me it was an equivalent bulb, regardless of if it is or not it still didn't work. When it comes LED, halogen, fluorescents, and other common bulbs I know enough to trouble shoot them, but not with these. I don't even want to stick a multimeter because I don't know what to look for. From my understanding these lights have a pulse start. Anyways, any help would be appreciated. I'm thinking of calling an election out but I'd hate for him to find something simple that I could have fixed myself.

Is the voltage correct on the bulb? I see nothing mentioned about it...12 volt 120 volt...just a thought I did this before put a 120 volt bulb in a 12 volt light, not in a pool though, just won't light...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.