Can't get all the sand

Jun 14, 2014
Houston
I have a Polaris 280 that runs about 10 hours a day, and I can never seem to get all the sand out of the pool. It usually collects in the shallow end, on the sides, and on the steps/tanning ledge, so I push it to the deep end. I empty the bag on the cleaner every couple of days and it will have a decent size clump of dirt but doesn't seem like it is getting nearly all of it. When I watch the cleaner roll by the dirt it doesn't look like it's vacuuming it, just kind of spraying it off the floor of the pool. Any advice how to make the cleaner more effective? There is still fresh sand around the pool since it was only installed last year, but it is at a lower elevation and I can't imagine that much of it is blowing in the pool that the cleaner just can't keep up.

I'm a new pool owner so bear with me, any help would be greatly appreciated.

26,000 gallon. SWG, plaster. 4800 ppm salt (unsure of this result because it wasn't this high last time and it's rained a lot sense then....) vs manufacturer recommendation of 4000. pH = 7.8 (haven't added acid in a few days). FC = 4. CC = 0. CYA = 80. Alkalinity = 50. CH = 450.

I'm not sure it's sand. It feels like it and I get clumps of what looks like mud in the vacuum bag. Could very well be dead algae, but I have it even when my levels seem perfect. Could it be some sort of tree pollen? I live next to a forest.

Attached a couple of pictures, but they aren't too clear. photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

Thanks for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.