Jandy Solar JVA Problems

Oct 8, 2012
San Diego
I have an Aqualink RS controlling my 18K SWG pool. The solar collectors are located on the 2nd story roof and worked fine all last summer. Last winter I noted that the solar heat was remaining active regardless of the outside temp. I finally started troubleshooting it this past month. The JVA power is active when the system calls for heat (temperature below the set point and time of day correct). I can use the toggle switch and either bypass the solar system or send water through it. When the system calls for it to shutoff, I have no activity at the valve.

Voltage checks - System on Black - ground, Red 1.3 to 1.4 volts , White 25.6V
System off Red 1.4V dropping towards 1, White 3V dropping to 2

The dropping is much as you would get if reading across a charged capacitor.... I am concerned that this may be a sign of a failing PC board...

Any suggestions, Thanks, Jim

Haven't checked that, but the tell-tale LED on the remote panel comes on green when the programmed start time comes up, turns red after the sun starts heating and turns green as the sun goes down, then turns off when the programmed time is over. It has the proper voltage at the valve to turn on, just never turns the valve off...

Jim

Not sure but it could be a bad relay on the Aqualink RS Main board. It could be stuck in one position. You might try to tap on it with something to free it up. I'm not real experienced with that system but I would think it would have a relay.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.