trichlor, ezpool, or salt?

If you try to hone in on a very specific set of numbers, especially if you are following pool store numbers that jump around anyway, you will end up running yourself in circles. Just like they said, backwash after adding all that stuff? Yeah, drop $100 in there, then flush part of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add CYA and backwash ... why not just throw away the CYA and save yourself the aggravation of putting it in a sock and trying to dissolve it since it's mostly going to end up getting flushed out ??

Trust your own results and try not to venture into the pool store. ;)

There is nothing wrong with any of your numbers.

Thank you. Pool store wanted me to add 1 pt 12.8 oz muratic acid, 7lb .3oz sodium bicarb, almost 17 lb calcium, 27 lb borate, and 2 1/2lb cya..........then backwash my system....really got my attention. Appreciate the voice of reason. lyn
Please go back and re-read my earlier post - Pour wine, sit by pool, relax.

I will add, stop going to pool store. They are just going to continue to aggravate you.

Please go back and re-read my earlier post - Pour wine, sit by pool, relax.

I will add, stop going to pool store. They are just going to continue to aggravate you.

Ditto. Ditto. Ditto. I would join you, but it's getting cold here. I get to stand in my sunroom with a beer and look at this.

So depressing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the party is tomorrow.......go get your tickets! I have the wine. This pool is good to go. And yes, it is my flaw to try too hard and be somewhat OCD...that is why I love the wine....my children lovingly nicknamed me MONK-Ma because I used to keep a mop bucket next to my front door when we lived in Rhode Island to mop up their mess.....we lived in govt housing with tile floors that dirtied easily and were dangerous when sloppy. The name stuck. Probably because I organized their toys into color coded bins, stacked them in their closet on a shelf, and insisted they make their beds...on the weekends. ( and any toys not collected made their way to my locked, out of use, freezer.) Back to the pool....

Have a bit of a revelation to share about bleach. They are NOT all created equal and sometimes labels do not tell the unvarnished truth. I was careful and looked for solution that rolled in at 8.25% hypochlorite.........but I am a couponer........a cartwheeler, ( men may not get these associations), a home goods , wayfair, zulilly addict, my zones for sin are many, but they are all below market........my husband says I can make a nickle scream and still get free shipping..... I avoid paying full price for anything that I can get at a better deal........until........the quality degrades. Such was the insight this week. Couldn't get the pool stable....tried and tried and tried again. All the other chemical elements were falling into place except my daily free chlorine read. It was discouraging. So I wondered, not everyone tells the truth. What if the store bottles are not the concentration they say they are. Who is checking? Well, this time I bought Chlorox. I paid the extra 60 cents for my almost gallon ( love the note above).....and given one day to stabilize the other totally weak solution, I now am losing less than 1ppm in full sunlight...........when I was losing up to 5ppm before. Tonight I did not feed the pool. She is 7.0. Reading labels only works when people tell the truth. If you are monitoring and things are still a challenge.......before resorting to a shock process.......try the name brand.

FYI, the "up and up" brand 8.25% bleach in Target is the exact same thing as the 61 cent more Clorox brand bleach. You aren't getting "premium" chlorine by buying the brand name stuff, nor does it last longer in the bottle because of it. Save yourself the money, especially if you have a red card. It should be costing you $2.75 per 121 oz bottle of up & up with the 5% discount. Be sure to always check the manufacturer dates on the side of the bleach jugs to see when it was manufactured. You would much rather buy a 1 or 2 month old bottle of target brand bleach than a 6 month old bottle of clorox. The older bleach will not be as strong, regardless of the name on the label.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.