White sand-like residue in my robot bag

serge

Nov 2, 2009
Katy, TX
I have noticed recently a white, sand-like residue in the cleaner's bag. I let it dry and it is a fine dust resembling the white cement used in my plaster mix (SunStone). My numbers seem reasonably balanced (FC=6.0, TA=70, PH=7.4, CYA=70, Ca= 600 (it has always been this high), salt=3000. Could it be my plaster is "peeling off"?
Any ideas/suggestions are welcome

My ch is between 500 and 550 if I remember right (out traveling for work) and my ph is adjusted to 7.4 every Saturday with ma. But only tends to drift slightly between. My ch was much higher before I kicked the pool store to the curb and got a 2006 Taylor kit. Since then I have done all the vacuuming to waste (with the gunk on the bottom) and refilled with water that has passed thru the water softener.

I discarded the possibility of being precipitated Calcium, as it won't dissolve in an acidic medium. I have 2 theories, one being the white cement of my plaster (not very likely) and 2 fine dust blown over from a nearby highway construction..My CH is 650 and PH ranges in the 7.4-7.8 with some 8.2 when acid not added at the normal 3-4/day/interval..I do get some Ca flakes in my hot tub when PH goes to he higher end on the range, but controlled very easily with acid.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.