CYA very high; run other tests anyway if have to replace water? Newbie

I did do it earlier, and CYA was at 140, as I recall. CYA levels is below 80 now. The pool is almost clear, and we continue slamming, at present checking every few hours and adding chlorine. It will be interesting to see how far the chlorine level drops overnight.

That's still a little high. Depending on your sun and water temp in Ohio you could go down to as low as 30 but should not be any higher than 50. So you should drain and replace another 17-50% of your water to get you to where you want to be. How much water was that 14"drain? That's gotta be a huge leak to to lose 25% of your cya in a day or two.

We didn't lose it all to the leak. We've been discharging 4" or so every time we clean it, which is often. I won't drain any more, since I anticipate more cleaning and the leak hasn't been fixed yet. Replenishing the water after the vacuuming to waste and the backwash results in the CYA level dropping each time. i'm sure we'll be below 50 before the end of the week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.