Thought I'd try cheaper bleach - Food Lion My Essentials instead of Home 360

callea

Oct 6, 2011
Southern MD
I'd been using Food lion's Home 360 which labels itself at 8.25% with great results. Food Lion also sells My Essentials brand bleach which is much cheaper but doesn't list a chlorine strength. I figured the chlorine content was probably lower but thought I'd give it a try to see if I could save some money. Turns out I need twice a much of the My Essentials to get the same result as Home 360 so I'm switching back to Home 360 - better value. Thought I'd share this in case anyone else was thinking about trying a brand that doesn't list the percentage on the label.

I'd been using Food lion's Home 360 which labels itself at 8.25% with great results. Food Lion also sells My Essentials brand bleach which is much cheaper but doesn't list a chlorine strength. I figured the chlorine content was probably lower but thought I'd give it a try to see if I could save some money. Turns out I need twice a much of the My Essentials to get the same result as Home 360 so I'm switching back to Home 360 - better value. Thought I'd share this in case anyone else was thinking about trying a brand that doesn't list the percentage on the label.
Sometimes a Google search for the MSDS on a bleach can give you the percentage

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.