Filter and Stairs

I guess this is the appropriate thread for this post. I have a couple of questions:

1. I have a 19 inch (diameter) sand filter. I'm thinking of upgrading to a larger size. With my pool specs what would be a proper sized filter? And is my pump too big?

2. I recently installed Ocean Blue Mighty Step. In Central Arkansas the winters can be somewhat mild with just a few days below freezing. However, last year we had one the coldest winters in decades. Lows in the teens several times and single digits a few times. The ice on my pool was about an inch thick at its maximum. My question is, do you guys remove the steps when you close for the winter?

If it's getting that cold where you're not using it for a couple months I'd pull the ladder and cover it to keep it clean. It also would prevent someone one or something from climbing in and having an accident.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.