Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can you change the color of the linked text?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can you change the color of the linked text?

The color of the linked text shows up as a color very similar to the regular font color. This makes it difficult to recognize when some may have inserted a link in the message.

thanks,
    dan
    21' Aqua-Leader AGP (10,200 gallons).
    Hayward cartridge filter and two speed pump.
    Aqua-Cal HeatWave 100k (HeatPump)
    Salt 3200ppm (in non-salt water pool)
    Borates 20ppm (slowly raising)
    Aqua-Rite SWG

2. Back To Top    #2
    No, you can't, but you can underline the text. Here is an underlined link to TFP.

Just use the tags before and after the text you want to underline within the link.

EDIT: You can, in fact, chagne the color.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Actually we can change the color using [color=red] or something similar. But it would be way better if the admin changed the default appearance of all links globally. As it is it is very difficult to tell what is a link and what isn't. Even though people can highlight links in their own posts using the special codes, most people won't remember, or know how, to do that. As it stands it can be rather annoying. I had one today where I was looking for a link to chemgeeks pool equations and couldn't find it even though I was looking right at the sentence that contained it. I ended up reading the HTML source for the page to extract the link.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    Jason, you're right. I was going about it the wrong way. You can use the color tag as long as the code is directly around the text portion and not the url part of the tag.

However, I will check into changing it so that the link is a different color. Personally, I prefer having them underlined.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanB
    Jason, you're right. I was going about it the wrong way. You can use the color tag as long as the code is directly around the text portion and not the url part of the tag.

However, I will check into changing it so that the link is a different color. Personally, I prefer having them underlined.

I believe you may be able to do both the underlined and color change on your end.

Thanks for looking into this

dan
    Aqua-Rite SWG

6. Back To Top    #6

How is this

Google

Steve
    Echo Canyon II by Artesian Pools, 13.5 KGal AG Round, 22" Artesian Sand Filter 2 hp Artesian pump
    Med Lab Tech for 12 years in E.TN
    Chem testing by Trouble Free Test Kits

7. Back To Top    #7
    That works!

Thanks.
    TFP Founder

8. Back To Top    #8
    Much better! Thanks!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

9. Back To Top    #9
    MedVampire

You rock!!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

10. Back To Top    #10
    Thanks a bunch guys!

dan
    Aqua-Rite SWG