salt water system numbers off from taylor salt water test

jrr

Aug 22, 2013
Mcallen, TX
I noticed that my salt levels have not decreased in over a year according to the salt water system. There is a discrepensy of 400 between the taylor test and my actually cell. 3000 for the taylor and 3400 for the salt cell, is this pretty normal to get something like this? Also, whenver i add salt to my pool is there a way to reset my salt water generator to get the new results or should it automatically gather that information?

I have found it is quite common for my test results and the cell's results to be off. I trust the drops, but I want to make sure the cell is happy.

Can't answer your question on the new results item. Mine automatically retests every hour or something like that.

Mine is always 400ppm off ... except my test is higher than the SWG reading.

You should have the SWG off for 24 hours after you add any salt. The salt level it reports is just based on the conductivity of the water, so when you add salt, the conductivity will go up. There is an instant salt reading and an average ... eventually the average will come up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.