Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: sending water jets into pool

1. Back To Top    #1

sending water jets into pool

Wondering if any body has experience adding water jets to throw a water stream into the pool (fountain effect) I have an additional 1/2 horse pump laying around and was going to run a couple of lines for 3 fountain jets and to my slide to increase its water flow. thanks chris
    22,000 rectangle pool with custom inpool steps sand filter and new autopilot swg

2. Back To Top    #2

I added jets, but not with a pump. When putting in a drip system for the landscaping around the pool, I discovered that the water features used on ponds use the 1/2 inch and 1/4 inch plumbing. I combined that knowledge with my desire to have a way to add water to my pool without having to drag a hose. I bought 2 iron frogs, placed them near the pool and hooked them up to my outdoor faucet using the drip tubing. Now I just turn the little lever at the faucet. They take a long time to add water so I can use them whenever I want. For fun or function. If this is something you are interested in seeing I can post pictures.

3. Back To Top    #3
    veja...

I'd like to see your spitting froggies!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

4. Back To Top    #4

Here you go. The irony is that these lovely iron frogs have many, many, many real frog cousins who insist on committing suicide in my pool.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Back To Top    #5
    What a fun way to top off your pool!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

6. Back To Top    #6
    very clever
    16x33 fiberglass pool sand filter

7. Back To Top    #7

It will look great when I finally drag myself out of the pool to do actual yard work and bury those hoses.

8. Back To Top    #8
    TFP Guide

In the Industry

Great thinking..a totally unique way to add water to a pool.

We went with a Jandy Water Garden....but I totally like that idea.

Rik

9. Back To Top    #9

I rigged up a water jet into my above ground pool, I am not done tweaking it though. There is not much pressure, I am going to increase the diameter of the hose and reduce it at the end to try and get some volume behind it. I will mess with it over the next couple weekends as I get time. I need to get some poly hose and a 1/2 female adapter to thread the 3/8 male adapter into, unless they just make a reducer... Once I am happy with it I'll post pics. Ultimately I want it to be part of the deck that I hopefully will build at the end of the month.
    steve

Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

10. Back To Top    #10

I really dislike dragging hoses around. I also really wanted luminar jets for the pool. We were trying to reign in the spending a little bit, so those got nixed. That's what gave me the idea. Necessity is the mother of invention right.

As you can see from the pic., I divided the faucet into 4 separate faucets. One connection goes to my hanging hose reel, one goes to the drip/sprinkler system I put in, one goes to the fancy frog spitters, and one is for future use. For the frogs, I used 1/2 inch flexible tubing which runs half way between the two frogs, right behind the diving board in the picture. Then I connected 1/4 inch tubes to the two frogs.

I don't know much about water pressure, but I'm learning. My husband thinks I'm insane when I give him that blank stare when he's talking about all that. But I do know that when someone flushes a toilet in my house, the water from the frogs doesn't quite make it all the way into the pool! HA!