Oldcaptainrusty in North Florida

oldcaptainrusty

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 23, 2011
Jacksoville, Florida
Greetings to all. First post but have been doing some research, great forum with a ton of info for this old geezer. Have put up an AG for my great grands, a 12'X24'X52" Intex that the wife bought on-line. We bought a larger AG +20K gal. for the grand kids about 18 years ago (they are all grown now). I battled it over the years with my dip strips and minimal test kits and managed to keep it swim-able over the seasons. I finally tore it down a few months ago as it needed a new liner and pump and the sheet metal walls were about gone due to our good old Florida salt atmosphere. I told the wife last night if I had this info 15 years ago we would still have our old pool in service.
I ordered the TF100 test kit and added the salt test kit as well. I have always had a problem trusting the pools store people with their free water test deal, I don't think I ever went in that I didn't need to add something to my pool. I figure with the better test kit and all this info available on this great forum I'll be ahead of the game. I am going to start out with the TFPC system as I have a SWG on this pool. Will probably add the Borax next season. I plan to adhere to the recommended SWG regimen in the Pool School. Eough of my rambling.
Thanks to all on this great forum.:D

Yarrr, matey! :wave:

I think you need an avatar...
Captain_McAllister_(Official_Image).png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support