lubricants for threads and O- Rings

Anyone has experience on this?

Super Lube 41160 Synthetic Grease (NLGI 2), 14.1 oz Canister, Translucent White: Amazon.com: Industrial Scientific

It is pretty cheap.

Any silicone or teflon based plumbers lubricant is fine.

The lubricant helps make sure that the threads go all the way together and don't bind up at some earlier point before the connection has sealed. The lubricant also helps insure that you can get the connection apart again later. And finally, the lubricant helps seal any tiny imperfections in the connection, so there aren't any leaks. The same applies to o-rings, they need lubricant to be able to move into the ideal position and to seal any remaining slight imperfections.

Petroleum jelly would work in the short run, but in the long run it breaks down natural rubber products, forcing you to replace o-rings more frequently.

Thank you for your information.

By the way, do you have a recommendation for the pipe dope? I am frustrated by the slow leaks of the PVC thread to the pump housing.

Thanks a lot.

--Yang

YOu need to use a silicone or teflon based lubricant. That product doesnt say what the lubricant base is, so I would be leary of it.
honestly, a small tube will probably last you a couple of seasons. I have a small tube of Aladdin Magic Lube and its lasted me 2 years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.