It's happened, AGAIN!

Jun 24, 2014
Philadelphia PA
Of course it's happened again, I took 4 days off from routine maintenance and the old girl is a nice clear bright green, like Ecto Cooler or anti-freeze. Started the SLAM process last night into today. Pump running non-stop, pressure is good/unchanged. Put in one 121oz Clorox before dark last night. Re-read the SLAMing points so I dumped two more bottles of 121oz. Bleach . I figured to go high to hit it hard. Maybe a little overboard.

FC 48
CC 0
pH 8.0
TA 100
CYA 30

I'm thinking of holding off on the bleach for a little bit until I see some color change. Gonna test again tomorrow morning. Any suggestions?

I Have a TF-100 kit and use the pH site glass in the blue box. I didn't mention that I put some dry acid in yesterday, the pH results were 8.2, so yesterday I used the pool math and put in the recommended amount to lower pH to 7.5, it didn't lower it to that but I didn't know that at the time, waited 4 hours, put in a jug of clorox, I didn't notice any change so instead of testing I got a little overzealous and dumped in 2 more jugs waited a hour tested the water and shabam here I am

Yeah, I always cringe just a little when I see someone start the SLAM process by tripling (or more) the amount of FC required. Whether it damages anything or not, it is a clear indicator that OP is not following the SLAM article with the precision we really want so it ends up being a lot of guesswork.

As long as you keep buying, the Pool Store will keep guessing right along with you until they are out of products or you are out of money. That never ends well.

So, here's hoping that your FC can drift back down to the 12 - 16 ppm or so we'd like to see it and you can begin to read more about the SLAM process that really will get your pool crystal cleqar.

Yes let that drift down ! Can almost see the water glowing from the nukeing.
Just watch your doseing from here on out. Also at the start of a SLAM lower your PH to 7.2. No sense in it now because the PH test reads a false high with FC levels above 10. You won't see that level for awhile !! ?

Thanks, yeah I guess I skipped that sentence on the SLAMing page where it says to lower pH to 7.2 to 7.5. I'm waiting for the next stage of this science experiment. I would have thought all that chlorine would've changed the color of the water a little bit. Thanks for your replies.

Do NOT over chlorinate like that as you will ruin your liner. The TFPC way is adding exactly what our pool needs and only when it needs it.

I Have a TF-100 kit and use the pH site glass in the blue box. I didn't mention that I put some dry acid in yesterday, the pH results were 8.2, so yesterday I used the pool math and put in the recommended amount to lower pH to 7.5, it didn't lower it to that but I didn't know that at the time, waited 4 hours, put in a jug of clorox, I didn't notice any change so instead of testing I got a little overzealous and dumped in 2 more jugs waited a hour tested the water and shabam here I am

The pH test reports any result over 8.2 as 8.2, your pH was likely much higher, causing it to appear not to change after adding acid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.