Error Code OH in Hot Tub

Jul 15, 2014
High Point NC
I just moved into a new home and it came with a Dreammaker Hot tub I had a guy out to check it and get it started and I used it for the first time and I got an error code OH and it got hot and I cant get the temp to go down what can I do to fix the problem without calling someone that's gonna cost for another service call?

They have all the manuals on line - Google is your friend :google:

From the manual:OH= Overheat The spa has shut down. One of the sensors has detected that the spa water is 43°C (110°F).
Warning Notice: DO NOT ENTER THE WATER. Remove the spa cover and allow water to cool. At 41°C (107°F), the spa should automatically reset. If spa does not reset, shut off the power to the spa and call your dealer or service organization.

From my experience in repairing mine, for some reason water has stopped flowing across the heater. If you are comfortable troubleshooting, working with plumbing and electric you should be able to figure it out. There are generally valves underneath (inside the cabinet) that regulate the flow and one may not be set right. Or, it could be a bad flow/sail switch. You are going to need to figure out why the overheat condition. But, there are things that can kill you inside. Don't fool around if you are unsure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.