Trying to prepare for New Pool filling for 1st time

Hi, Just installed Intex AG 18x48 pool with a Intex 3200 gph Sand filter pump and I'm trying to be prepared before I fill the pool. I would like to use the BBB method for taking care of the pool.

I also bought the Taylor K 2005 test kit to use with it for testing the water but just noticed I need the Fas-Dpd to go with it so I will order this from Amazon today and hopefully I will receive it early this week.

My main question is what should I add to the water while it is filling or should I wait till it is completely filled to add the BBB chemicals and also can I use the K-2005 test kit and fill in the answers on the Pool Math sight to receive the correct amount of chemicals to add to the pool for now while I wait for the Fas-Dpd test to arrive from Amazon.

thank you so much for your help....

Go ahead and spot check your tap or fill water with your test kit. That gives you an idea of what your base water has in it. Jot it down for reference later in case you ever need to know, and start a log of your test results and chemical additions for record. Don't bother testing the CYA as tap/well water would not contain any, so save your reagents for later CYA testing *after* you put some in.

If you feel comfortable with your pool size in gallons, use the PoolMath application (found in PoolSchool) and using your gallons at the top and your "now" fill water values....then zip down to the bottom and enter whose parameters you want to follow (suggestion: go with "TroubleFreePool.com", select "vinyl" as your surface and pick how you'll be chlorinating your pool). Then go up to the top again and you'll see a range of goals based on your type of pool, etc. Input into the target box something midway in between your ranges. The PoolMath ap will then guide you in how much bleach, CYA <aka "Stabilizer"> and other things you need to add. Add the stabilizer by floating in front of the water return inside a sock (hang from a pole or small piece of pool noodle) but don't worry about testing it for a week. Its *there* but won't show up for about a week on tests.
For a vinyl pool ignore the Calcium Hardness because that is only important for gunite/plaster pools.
Your pH might need adjusting, or not? Add those items PoolMath tells you to add and retest about an hour later.

Come back with test results if you need more help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.