water evaporation

Task

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 18, 2013
West Grove, PA
Anyone else in the southeastern PA area have significant evaporation from their pool? is there a noteable difference in water evaporation between and IG pool and above ground pool?

The reason I ask, is that I've finally got the leak fixed in my pool. My pool builder had a leak detection company come out and the leak was in the light fixture of the pool. Now that its fixed, I did a bucket test on the pool last week and found that after 36 hours, the levels were still pretty much equal (the bucket was actually a fraction of an inch lower then the pool). I still seem to be losing roughly 1/4 inch per day. I have a coworker with an above ground pool and he says that he has only had to add water to his pool once since opening it the last week in May.

thanks duraleigh. I wasnt sure if I was going crazy or if I was really losing that much water each day. My pool is also in direct sunlight for about 10 hours per day which probably doesn't help with my evap rate. it also doesn't help with to comfort level of the pool as the water is starting to creep into the upper 80's.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.