Dirt in pool not getting caught by sand filter. Added D.E.

Thanks to this wonderful place I am able to do a ton of research before I do anything pool related. I've noticed in the past few weeks I keep getting fine dirt/pollen on the seams on my liner. If I waved my hand near it, it would disappear and go away. I'd vacuum it up (sock on the skimmer) and still it would return. To be fair I have a field behind my house and I get significant dirt/dust on my outside tables...etc. I am 100% sure it is dirt and not organic. I'll post my test results to be clear.

My issue is the dirt is brown in colour and after doing some research I discover that I can add D.E to my filter to help catch finer particles that my sand filter will not catch. So I followed the instructions in pool school on adding D.E to the sand filter and did the steps to a tee. Great. I noticed today the dirt returned to the seams but was now white. I guess the D.E with it.:D

Is my sand filter channeling? I would just take the multi-valve off but it is not unionized so I have to redo the connections which I'll do if I need to remove. Just curious if guesses on what is happening before i cut some pipe and investigate. Thanks!

FC = 10
CC =0
pH= 7.5
TA= 110
CYA= 30

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.