Hayward color logic 2.5 LED light failure

Aug 21, 2009
Does anyone have experience removing the LED fixture from the niche? Is it the same process as removing a typical non LED light? The light is 4 years old and has failed, it is extremely dim and does not change color. There are no issues with tripping breakers and I am getting adequate voltage (118.8V) at the junction box. I assume water has leaked passed the seal and damaged the unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone have experience removing the LED fixture from the niche? Is it the same process as removing a typical non LED light? The light is 4 years old and has failed, it is extremely dim and does not change color. There are no issues with tripping breakers and I am getting adequate voltage (118.8V) at the junction box. I assume water has leaked passed the seal and damaged the unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

These lights are not serviceable and if they are 4 years old they are not under warranty anymore. (You'll find another thread I commented on, I have calmed down now.) Basically you have a $500+ dollar piece of scrap. The light itself is sealed (lol - not really or yours would still work) and can be removed from the niche with just a few screws. The wire pulls out from behind, so you will need to disconnect from the junction box. (Make sure the power breakers are off!)

A hint too - tie a string on the wire in the junction box before removing the light - it will make it a ton easier to install a new light because then you can use the string to pull the new light cord back to the junction box.

Be careful pulling the wire as well - I have heard the niches where the pipe goes in can get fragile over time.

I just spent $1500 dollars on Pentair lights - since I am not willing to take the gamble on Haywards after 2 of my 3 went bad same reason as yours. I'm hoping they are better, but even if not they are serviceable.

Thanks for the input. FYI, I spoke to a rep at Hayward and pointed out that clearly there is an issue with these lights based on all the negative feedback. He said he is aware and asked me to have it inspected to determine the cause of failure, so maybe there's "LED light" at the end of the tunnel. I'll post the outcome if anyone is interested.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.