Re: Variable Speed Pump recomendations

Jun 30, 2014
Gotha, FL

This is helpful to me, as my 1.5hp Sta-Rite pump's bearings started screaming before they finally burned up last week. So I'm looking to replace and upgrade to a more efficient model. I pay an average of 8 cents per KWH in central Florida. Started with the Ecopump, but after investigating it seems their claims may be shady, so I am now at the Hayward SP2600VSP. I have an 11K gallon pool, no spa, no heater, no solar, etc. Looking for a durable pump that has the best/excellent ROI. My pool guy says they like Jandy 2.0 Stealth VS, but it doesn't rate well on the Energy Star site (http://www.energystar.gov/productfi...United+States&page_number=0&lastpage=0#search)
Any thoughts on my situation? Thanks in advance.

With electric rates that low, perhaps you should consider a two speed Hayward SuperPump. With inexpensive electricity and a longer than average pool season you are about break-even between a VS pump and a two speed, or the two speed might even have a slight advantage. Also VS pumps tend to have more risk of problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.