needing some help

Dan66

Jun 29, 2014
Wentzville MO
My wife and I bought a forclosed home in Nov of 2012. It had an inground pool. Having 3 kids, needless to say we were very excited to have this. Luckily I have an "ex"- nephew that works for a pool company to help us because we have no idea how to care for, and maintain a pool. Last summer was our first experience at opening it up......and...after needing a new filter and pump motor, we were running. It is a salt water set up, but it didn't seem to work so I had to add chlorine myself. Apparently, the cell and box weren't compatible with each other! After replacing that set up this pool season, I am ready to check out my last (hopefully) problem left. I have a fiberstars 6004 fiber optic pool light that runs for 5 minutes or so, then goes out. It seems like if we let it sit, and turn it back on later, it repeats the same problem. I'm tired of throwing money at it, but I enjoy a night swim. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to TFP Dan! :wave:

Sorry no one has replied, but these types of questions are usually the hardest for us to answer. Perhaps someone with experience on these will be along to help.

Enjoy the forums!

I have an older version of fiberstars than you do, so I'm not sure of how much help I can be. But after starting up our new (to us) pool at the new house, I noticed that our lighting system was really dim. I ended up opening the pedestal and cleaning the entire thing out. It was filled with bugs, cobwebs, etc. to the point where the cooling fan was not even turning. I didn't have any issues with an auto-shutoff, but maybe that is a safety feature for yours. So if you are mechanically inclined enough, open up the pedestal and see if it needs cleaning. Also, if you are interested in the company that now owns them, look here: http://www.fiberstarspoolandspa.com/. I am looking into the LED replacement/upgrade that they have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.