Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thread tree

1. Back To Top    #1

Thread tree

I understand that the forum had a recent major upgrade, but IMHO a major feature has been ignored. If posters don't quote the post to which they respond, there's no way telling who is responding to whom. The classic "thread tree" view is missing. It's hard to follow a multi-page thread this way.
    I wonder if anything can be done about it.
    Thank you for all the hard work, and the patience to deal with all the issues.
    Mike
    This is my ticket for Heaven (when all's working..) :
    22k Gal gunite IGP, 38 SF Anthony DE filter, 1 HP Hayward Super Pump
    380k BTU Raypak Natural Gas Heater (Model RP405A) and solar cover
    8 gal Liquidator w/ 12% bleach, Dolphin Diagnostic Advantage robotic cleaner. 3800 ppm salt, 50 ppm borates.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thread tree

Are you talking about the way it's done on sites like gardenweb? That's a pretty outdated type of forum - a lot more difficult to follow to me and a lot less user friendly. It seems pretty logical to quote the person you are replying to or reference their post in some way.

This is really the first complaint of this type I've seen and unfortunately, there's really nothing to be done.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by SeanB
    Are you talking about the way it's done on sites like gardenweb? That's a pretty outdated type of forum.

No. You gave an example of the oldest form of forums on the Net, which had very few user and admin features.
    Other modern forum SW, such as vBulletin (The Pool Forum) and others, have thread tree features, as well as many others.
    This is my ticket for Heaven (when all's working..) :
    22k Gal gunite IGP, 38 SF Anthony DE filter, 1 HP Hayward Super Pump
    380k BTU Raypak Natural Gas Heater (Model RP405A) and solar cover
    8 gal Liquidator w/ 12% bleach, Dolphin Diagnostic Advantage robotic cleaner. 3800 ppm salt, 50 ppm borates.

4. Back To Top    #4

Nope. It's not a feature of phpbb and there are no mods to add this feature.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.