27' Round AGP - Drain, clean & Refill -- will it stretch back out?

GCS

Jul 28, 2008
Hey guys due to not covering it for the winter and having several branches fall in the pool during storms and a frog breeding pond going on I decided to drain, clean, and refill my pool.

Liner is 1 year old (had it replaced last year due to a tear).

I drained it with a pump overnight and at 6am this morning there was maybe 2-3 inches of water in it (too low to use the pump I had). So for the next 5 hours I spent the day moving water around cleaning out the sludge, the branches the 1 billion pine needles and 100 billion frogs, tadpoles etc. Gee that was fun.

As I got to a point where almost all of the water was out I noticed one side of the liner was pulled away from the wall a fair bit (at least 6-8 inches I would say)

I quickly stopped, got out and started to refill. Pool was not fully cleaned out but I decided I couldn't wait any longer.

Refilling has been going very slowly for about 5 hours now and there is probably 6 inches of water in the pool at this point.

I have worked the floor diligently and it is nice and smooth no wrinkles but the liner is still off the wall by the same amount on that one side. Of course the pool is nowhere near full.

My question (finally) is will this liner be ok and stretch back out and be safe to use or am I screwed and need to replace the liner?

I cannot get the liner to move or stretch myself.

Just trying to decide if I need to cut my water losses now or keep going since it will take probably 24 hours to fill this thing up and I would hate to waste that much water.

LMK

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Only time will tell if the liner will stretch back. Fill it while the sun is on it.

For this reason, unless you're sacking the old liner and replacing, you should never drain a pool just to clean it.

Believe me when I say I didn't want to but we had spent the last 2 months working on the pool almost daily and could not get it clean and get all the debris, frogs, and tadpoles out. This was a last ditch effort.

I would prefer not to replace the liner since this one is only a year old but I am getting a bad feeling I won't have a choice. I just don't get a good vibe the liner will stretch back to the wall 8" which is about how far it is off on one side, bummer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.