index 12 x 24 x 52 setup

Just bought this pool and had to dig up the yard a bit to get some flat space for it. The video said something about leaving six feet of space around it, I think. Can't do that, but since we're going to have to build some retaining walls I needed to know what the actual footprint of the pool is. Do the legs stick out more than a foot or would that be enough clearance all around? The wall would be along one of the shorts sides, on the left side it would be about half the length of the pool and on the right side, maybe a quarter of the length. So would 14 feet of space be enough, or do I need more than that?

Hey neighbor! Welcome to TFP! I'm not to far from you in Washington Pa! :mrgreen:

Did you buy the pool brand new? If so, follow the manufacturers instructions as much as possible. I'm not sure how far these legs kick out when full but I know they do at least, on the minimum, a foot so if you can accompany that, then do so! It's best to give yourself extra room.

You should check out the Above Ground Pool Forum as there is a lot, I mean A LOT of Intex builds there that you could glean some info from.

I just set one of these up this last weekend. The reason for the 6 ft. clearance is they want you to insert the supports and leave them sitting out flat facing away from the pool. I think you can get away with not having that and just push them in, lift the liner, and set them up straight.

The bottom of the pool (what actually sits on the ground) is about 10x22. The footprint of the supports is at most 14x26 when filled - probably a little less. If that's not exact enough for you, let me know and I will get out the measuring tape tomorrow and give you the measurements to the inch.

One thing to warn you about - get it level. One inch end to end is the max tolerance for a good setup. Also it's best to use thick pavers under the supports. I used 16x16x4 pavers.

thanks! that is the info I needed. we can't leave much more that 16' across for it, including the 12x16x6 bricks we're going to use for the wall. I was hoping that would be enough. The walls will be angled a bit, and along the side they'll be tapered, giving us room at the top. Also appreciate the heads up on the pavers, I HAD been thinking of going thinner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.