800GPH vs 1000GPH???

May 19, 2008
gulf coast of Texas
Would there be much of a difference? I have an 800gph pump right now on our above ground pool, but my brother asked if I wanted to buy their pump that runs 1000gph since he got his Hayward up and running. But I don't want to buy it from them if its not going to make a difference.

I don't think you'll see much of a difference, is the cartridge in the filter the same size? With a larger cartridge filter you would see a difference, but not with the pump size. Pretty sure 800 and 1000 use the same A type cartridge, it's when you go up to the next models that use the B cartridges those are bigger...and that might help a bit (but not much). I suspect your brother probably upgraded to the Hayward for a reason....

If your pool is running fine, the old saying goes, if it ain't broke...

If your pool is running cloudy, and your gonna spend money upgrading, upgrade to a better pump/filter than Intex....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.