Life after SLAM...what's next?

So very thankful to have found this site...after a 4 day SLAM, I was able to counteract a zero FC scenario and now I read and reread the TFPC for beginners sticky (great thread btw)...so now what?

Any useful tips or tricks for a newbie TFPC'er? Since the tests to be performed daily include PH and FC...I assume I use the fancy Taylor kit that came with my tftkit? When do you need to use the FASDPD kit again?

How frequently do you guys test for the full set of numbers after your initial?

Is there anything that is a common problem for TFPC beginners that you can point out so I avoid making the same mistake (besides the obvious of ignoring the pool)?

My daily routine since the SLAM has been to test FC and PH, clear the skimmer basket and add chlorine as needed. Weekly I vacuum and/or brush, clear the skimmer and pump baskets, and test for TA (doing that today for the first time since initial #s).

Am I missing anything or is it really that simple?

It's really that simple! Even simpler once you "learn" your pool and know what to expect how it will perform under different conditions. I suggest keeping a log of additions/conditions/changes. Ph I would check only every other day, and in time and knowing your pool----you can probably check FC that way as well. TA weekly-----cya monthly.

Here's a link to Basic Pool Schedule article in Pool School: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/131-basic-pool-care-schedule

As woody said, just get to know your pool :wink: Make sure you keep the FC in line with the CYA level.

Now, for all your work, you must now enjoy! :snorkle: :swim:

- - - Updated - - -

Start with basic pool care schedule.

The most common problem is chronic sparklypoolitis. I'm afraid it's uncurable.

oh, right! And don't forget about TFP "creating another pool snob" :D

How frequently do you guys test for the full set of numbers after your initial?
The instructions in the TF-100 (is that the kit you have?) are fairly specific.

One side of the laminated card is for General testing techniques and DAILY testing.

The back side of the card is for WEEKLY testing.

Posting up a complete set of test results today would get your first week out of the way! :D

SO first set of "weekly" test results based on the mad scientist kit instructions...

FC - 5.5
CC - 0.5
PH - 7.5
TA - 120
CYA -50

I haven't added chlorine since Friday...not too shabby. Didn't bother with the CH just since it doesn't seem relevant at the moment.

And my pool is definitely suffering from Chronic Sparklypoolitis...I just hope it's not contagious...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.