Good morning all!

I am in my first season with BBB and going on my 7th week. Early on I felt I was having a high FC usage. I still feel I do but don't see or find any bad results. Pool is in direct sun all day. I do not use a solar cover. My latest results,

FC 2.5
CC 0
PH 7.5
TA 90
CH 40
CYA 65

I get levels up to 7.5 to 8 ppm at night and by the next evening I am between 3 and 4 with loses of 4 to 5 a day. With OCLT test there has never been more the 1 ppm drop. My FC was a bit lower at 2.5 last night as I had ran a bit short on bleach the night before. I still estimate approximately 4 ppm drop. Does this seem normal? I had shown levels of 50 ppm CYA about a month ago and I had added a bit more stabilizer thinking that would help as I had average loses of about 4 to 5 then. Pool is crystal clear and sparkling. There has been very little bather load and most most days none. I just want to make sure that I am not missing something. Last night while in the pool I noticed several (8 to 12) waterbugs and can't say which type for certain and it just has me wondering. The sides and bottom are not slick or slimy. Thanks for any help or re assurance you can provide. Going thru 1/2 gallon bleach a day and it is more then what I had anticpated but if it is what it is I am loving my clear pool!!!

One more thing PH has hld entire time at 7.5 however most recent test on TA was 20 lower then last. Thought this may mean something.

With the pool in full sun all day it isn't unheard of. Depending where you are can make a difference...like the desert South West. This is one of the reasons we encourage folks to add a location to their information. I'm in West TX, and I see a 2-3 loss each day, but I have a good bit of shade. Depending on how much the pool is used had a lot to do with it too. More load on the pool equals more FC use/loss.

I have the same size pool as you. My pool loses between 2 and 3 ppm per day, and is in full sun from sunup until about 8pm. I also use about 1/2 jug of clorox a night. Saw where your cya is 65 and FC was only 2.5, that could be a start. I have my stabilizer set at 50 and never let the chlorine go below 4-5. If yours dipped down to 2.5 you could have something lurking, just waiting to take hold soon.

I am losing about 4ppm as well. Last year I am pretty sure I was about 2ppm. The 4ppm is with no swimming or issues. I am in full sun too. I think a few others have mentioned higher FC consumption this year. I wonder if its something different about the chlorine?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.